- Call to Book:
- (888) 891-0203
Special savings available - Call for details
Locks, Legends, & Canals of the Northeast
- Grande Caribe 2019 Sailings:
- September 27 - October 10, 2019 (New York to Montreal)
- October 12 - 25, 2019 (Montreal to New York)
- Grande Mariner 2019 Sailings:
- October 5 - 18, 2019 (Montreal to New York)
Cruise Prices & Ship Diagrams
- This two-nation cruise includes it all from the glitz and dazzle of the Manhattan skyline to the cobblestone streets and vintage charm of Quebec. The romantic contrast of the city scenes combined with the surging rivers, serene lakes and magnificent fjords makes this journey worthy to be in our "Signature Series" portfolio. Go where other ships cannot, as we transit the Erie Canal, something only Blount boats can do because of their design. Cruise through the stunning Thousand Islands along the St. Lawrence Seaway, part of the international boundary between the US and Canada. The seaway is a system of locks, canals, and channels dotted with waterfront communities, scenic islands, and amazing wildlife habitats. Explore Quebec City, considered by many to be the most romantic city in North America, before concluding this amazing journey in vibrant Montreal.
- New York, NY
- This two-nation cruise has it all, from the dazzle of the Manhattan skyline to the vintage charm of Quebec. The romantic contrast of the city scenes combined with the surging rivers, serene lakes and fjords makes this journey worthy to be in our ‘Signature Series’ portfolio. Embark today in New York City and prepare to cruise the most renowned waters of New York State and southeastern Canada.
- West Point, NY
- Begin your day with a morning sail through New York Harbor passing the Statue of Liberty before the majestic natural beauty of the Hudson River Valley. This afternoon, arrive in West Point, NY. An optional tour takes you to the campus of the prestigious West Point Military Academy and its awe-inspiring Gothic Revival style chapel. Continue to Kingston, NY.
- Kingston, NY
- This afternoon in Kingston, tour Hyde Park which includes a visit to "Springwood," the beloved estate home of President Franklin D. Roosevelt - now his presidential library and museum. Later, travel up the northern leg of the Hudson River to Troy, NY. The retractable pilot-house will be lowered to transit the famed Erie Canal. This evening enjoy lively musical entertainment onboard the ship.
- Cruise the Erie Canal
- Going where other ships simply cannot go, we transit the Erie Canal, something only Blount boats can do because of their design. Enjoy a full day of cruising this historic waterway, widely considered to be one of the most important works of civil engineering in America. A local historian joins the cruise to narrate about the history of the canal.
- Sylvan Beach, NY
- A day to behold the beauty of the Catskill Mountains - where approximately 250,000 acres of the Catskill's pristine landscape has been designated "forever wild" thanks to the work of environmental visionaries. Located in the foothills of the Adirondack and Catskill Mountains, Cooperstown, NY is home to the National Baseball Hall of Fame. Tonight arrive in Sylvan Beach, NY on the shores of shimmering Lake Oneida.
- Oswego, NY
- Cruise the canal to Oswego, located on the shores of Lake Ontario. Choose to take a shuttle on a loop around this charming area and view some of the highlights like the H. Lee White Marine Museum, the Richardson-Bates House Museum, or Fort Ontario. Witness the feat of Blount’s retractable pilot-house being raised up to its full height. Later, local musicians entertain onboard.
- Clayton & Alexandria Bay, NY
- Today, cruise to Clayton, NY in the gorgeous Thousand Islands region. You will visit the notable Antique Boat Museum for a glimpse of the world’s largest showcase of classic recreational boats. Spend the night in beautiful Alexandria Bay, NY with views of the famed Boldt Castle.
- Ogdensburg, NY
- Cruise through the stunning Thousand Islands along the St. Lawrence River, part of the international boundary between the US and Canada. Visit tiny Dark Island in Chippewa Bay and tour the stately and elegant Singer Castle. Built as a private home in 1905, the mansion was used for rum-running during Prohibition. Continue on to Ogdensburg, NY where you may opt to visit the Frederic Remington Art Museum.
- Cruise the St. Lawrence
- Crossing into Canada, cruise the St. Lawrence Seaway, the gateway from the Atlantic Ocean to the North American Great Lakes. The seaway is a system of locks, canals, and channels dotted with waterfront communities, scenic islands, and amazing wildlife habitats.
- Quebec City, QC
- After a day of cruising, arrive tonight in Quebec City.
- Quebec City, QC
- Quebec City, QC, with its distinctly French culture, is considered by many to be the most romantic city in North America. Be sure to visit the Chateau de Frontenac and browse the shops and restaurants along the cobblestone streets of Old Town. This morning, an optional tour introduces the charms of Quebec City and the stunning view from Observation Towers before visiting Montmorency Falls.
- Three Rivers, QC
- Your port of call today is charming Three Rivers, QC, also known as Trois-Rivières in French. This morning select from two optional tours: “Churches of Trois-Rivières” to admire the stunning architecture, or a Heritage Walking Tour. This evening, enjoy a special opportunity to visit the Musèe des Ursulines, a short walk from the ship, and listen to a private organ recital inside the museum’s awe-inspiring chapel.
- Montreal, QC
- Famed for its thrilling cuisines, cobblestone streets, and world-class shopping, Montreal truly appeals to every sense of adventure. You may choose an optional city tour that includes Old Montreal, Olympic Park, Mount Royal Park, and St. Joseph’s Oratory; or enjoy exploring this enchanting and historic city at your leisure. This evening enjoy a musical performance of the flute and guitar by local entertainers.
- Montreal, QC
- Disembark today in Montreal.
- Ports Visited
- New York, NY •
Bear Mountain, NY (northbound only) •
West Point, NY* •
Poughkeepsie, NY •
Troy, NY •
Amsterdam, NY •
Sylvan Beach, NY •
Oswego, NY •
Clayton, NY •
Alexandria Bay, NY •
Dark Island, NY •
Ogdensburg, NY •
Quebec City, QC •
- Waterways Navigated:
New York Harbor •
Hudson River •
Erie Canal •
Oswego Canal •
Lake Ontario •
St. Lawrence Seaway •
* Travel to West Point is subject to accessibility.
All itineraries including ports, activities, and routes are subject to change based on availability, weather, river, water levels and sea conditions.
- Special Features
- Cruise New York Harbor and enjoy unparalleled views of the Statue of Liberty.
- Journey through the famed Erie Canal going where no other overnight cruise lines can go.
- The history of the Erie Canal comes to life during an onboard musical performance in Sylvan Beach.
- In Clayton visit the Antique Boat Museum.
- Journey through the famed Thousand Islands, and tour majestic Singer Castle.
- In Montreal enjoy a performance of the flute and guitar by local entertainers.
- Cruise the Saguenay River, noted as one of the world's best spots for whale watching.
- A naturalist and fjord expert introduces you to the Saguenay's majestic fjords and phenomenal wildlife.
- In Quebec City a local pianist entertains onboard.