- Call to Book:
- (888) 891-0203
Special savings available - Call for details
Locks, Legends, & Canals of the Northeast
- Grande Caribe 2019 Sailings:
- September 12 - 25, 2019 (Montreal to New York)
- Grande Mariner 2019 Sailings:
- September 20 - October 3, 2019 (New York to Montreal)
Cruise Prices & Ship Diagrams
- Spectacular natural scenery abounds on this adventure from New York to southeastern Canada. From the bustling bright lights of Manhattan to the charm and sophistication of Montreal, travel the waterways that blend U.S. and Canadian cultures. Go where other ships simply cannot go, we check in on the Hudson and sail the river valley before transiting the Erie Canal. Cruise through the stunning 1000 Islands along the St. Lawrence River before entering The Saguenay River, nestled beneath towering cliffs and enveloped in pine. The cold cobalt waters attract schools of Beluga whales, making the Saguenay one of the world's premier whale-watching destinations.
- New York, NY
- From the bustling bright lights of Manhattan to the UNESCO world heritage treasure of Quebec City, travel the waterways which blend the cultures of the US and Canada. This journey introduces you to both amazing civil engineering feats such as the Erie Canal and stunning natural wonders like the 1000 Islands region in the St. Lawrence Seaway. Embark today in New York City. A tour of New York Harbor puts you in a NY state of mind before setting sail on the Hudson River.
- Kingston, NY
- This morning in Kingston, NY, treat yourself to an optional tour of nearby Hyde Park and Springwood, the beloved estate of President Franklin D. Roosevelt, now home to his presidential library and museum. We'll follow the majestic Hudson River meandering through the Erie Canal, a marvel of engineering and a testament to American ingenuity, and into the Oswego Canal having passed through 30 locks along the way. Watch as the ship's unique retractable pilot house is lowered, allowing the vessel to slip easily beneath low bridges.
- Cruise the Erie Canal
- Relax during a full day of sailing on the Erie Canal's calm waters. Blount Small Ship Adventures is the only overnight cruise line to sail this famed waterway. Enjoy a daytime tour of nearby Saratoga Springs, a charming small town and resort destination, popular for its plentiful mineral springs. Your tour includes a visit to the Saratoga Battlefield, site of the first major American victory over the British during the American Revolution in 1777. Conclude your day with festive musical entertainment.
- Rome, NY
- A second full day on the Erie Canal invites you to enjoy an optional excursion to the Oriskany Battlefield and Fort Stanwix in the Mohawk River Valley, where the 1777 Siege of Fort Stanwix endured for nearly three weeks.
- Oswego, NY
- Cruise along the Oswego Canal to Oswego, NY, on the shores of magnificent Lake Ontario. As the ship exits the canal, witness the pilot-house being raised back up to its full position. Delight to the sounds of live musical entertainment this evening.
- Ogdensburg, NY
- Continuing through the scenic Thousand Islands, visit tiny Dark Island, NY in Chippewa Bay and tour stately Singer Castle, a mansion used for rum-running during Prohibition. Continue on to Ogdensburg, NY, where you may opt to visit the Frederic Remington Art Museum to admire the original works of this American painter.
- Cruise the St. Lawrence Seaway
- Crossing into Canada via the St. Lawrence Seaway, you will be awe-struck by the immense natural beauty surrounding you. Welcome to the splendor of 1000 Islands region where Emerald pines and stone castles stand guard. Called the ‘Garden of the Great Spirit,' by the Iroquois, there are 1800 islands here straddling the US and Canadian borders. Ancient legend holds that Manitou, the Great Spirit, bestowed a magnificent garden to his people if peace would prevail in their land. But when fighting started, he wrapped the garden in a bundle and ascended into the sky. The garden tumbled out of his arms and into the St. Lawrence, breaking into pieces that became the 1000 Islands.
- Quebec City, QC
- Depart the enchanting 1000 Islands region for the quaint, French-inspired, Quebec City considered by many to be the most romantic city in North America. Offering a distinctly French culture, cobblestone streets, and the historic architecture of Old Town, your afternoon arrival allows time to discover the city's treasures during an optional guided walking tour.
- Port de Saguenay, QC
- Arrive in the beautiful riverside village of Port de Saguenay this afternoon and enjoy a trip to see 'La Fabuleuse.' Running for more than 25 years, this visual and sound spectacular features more than 100 actors playing over 1,000 characters, and narrates the life and history of Port de Saguenay and its people. With its pristine ecosystem, quintessentially -Canadian natural beauty and some of the most picturesque villages on Earth, you'll soon see why Saguenay was voted the happiest city in Canada!
- Cruise the Saguenay and St. Lawrence River
- Founded by Jacques Cartier in 1536, The Saguenay River is nestled beneath towering cliffs and enveloped in pine. The Saguenay supposedly gets its name from an Iroquoian legend about a kingdom in the north rich in gold and silver. Today, enjoy whale watching on the majestic Saguenay River where the cold, cobalt waters attract schools of Beluga whales, making it one of the world's premier whale-watching destinations. A local naturalist will join us onboard to give a presentation on the animals of the Saguenay and to provide commentary along the way.
- Quebec City, QC
- Return to Quebec City, where an optional morning tour introduces the charms of this breathtaking locale and the stunning view from Observatory Towers before visiting the impressive Montmorency Falls. Tonight, a local pianist entertains you onboard.
- Montreal, QC
- Enjoy a relaxing day of cruising today as the ship sails toward Montreal, QC.
- Montreal, QC
- Welcome to Montreal, vibrant with culture, history, artistic wonders, and enchanting riverside vistas. Choose an optional tour including Old Montreal, Notre Dame Basilica (subject to availability), Olympic Park, and St. Joseph's Oratory. This afternoon, a second optional walking tour introduces you to historic Old Montreal and its 17th century architecture. Your walking tour culminates with a delicious local treat while taking in the sights and sounds of new and Old Montreal. This evening, a flute and guitar duo entertain during a festive farewell celebration onboard the ship.
- Montreal, QC
- After exploring this stunning combination of land and water with Blount, the company who invented small ship cruising through US and Canadian waters more than 50 years ago, you disembark in Montreal.
- Ports Visited
New York, NY •
Kingston, NY •
Rome, NY •
Oswego, NY •
Ogdensburg, NY •
Quebec City, QC •
Port de Saguenay, QC •
Quebec City, QC •
- Waterways Navigated:
NY Harbor •
Hudson River •
NY State Barge Canal •
Lake Ontario •
St. Lawrence River •
All itineraries including ports, activities, and routes are subject to change based on availability, weather, river, water levels and sea conditions.