Grande Caribe & Grande Mariner
Offering soft adventure in casual, unpretentious surroundings
With unique designs that allow easy travel through shallow waters and narrow channels, the Grande Caribe and Grande Mariner offer soft adventure in casual, unpretentious surroundings. The itineraries are specially tailored to the active and inquisitive senior traveler who prefers small quiet ports to tourist traps.
With a maximum capacity of 100 passengers, it is easy to socialize and make friends with the typically retired, well-traveled and sociable group onboard. The ships are cozy and comfortable, with a relaxed atmosphere evident in the BYOB policy and informal dress code.
Along the way, your captain and onboard lecturers offer enjoyable informational commentary, as you cruise past the breathtaking scenery. The crew, chefs, guest lecturers, outside entertainment, and land tours are all carefully chosen, to provide a pleasurable and relaxing vacation.
2018 Cruise Prices Cruise Category I Category II Category III Category III
Category IV Port
Great American Waterways $4,999 $6,699 $6,999 $8,799 $7,599 $295 Magical Lake Michigan $2,299 $3,199 $3,499 $4,399 $3,699 $195 Locks, Legends & Canals of the Northeast $4,399 $5,799 $5,999 $7,499 $6,699 $395 The Saguenay $4,599 $5,999 $6,199 $7,699 $6,899 $455 2019 Cruise Prices Cruise Category I Category II Category III Category III
Category IV Port
Great American Waterways $5,149 $6,899 $7,209 $9,059 $7,829 $295 Magical Lake Michigan $2,369 $3,299 $3,599 $4,529 $3,809 $195 Fall Foliage $4,599 $5,999 $6,199 $7,699 $6,899 $425 The Saguenay $4,599 $5,999 $6,199 $7,699 $6,899 $425 Chicago - Montreal $4,599 $5,999 $6,199 $7,699 $6,899 $425
- Deck Plans
|Grande Caribe||Grande Mariner|
|Draft:||6 ft 6 in||6 ft 6 in|
|Length:||184 ft||184 ft|
|Beam:||40 ft||40 ft|
|Built By:||Blount Industries, Inc. Warren, RI|
- Extend your Trip
- Make the most of your cruise by extending your trip with our pre or post hotel stays. Start or end your vacation at a more leisurely pace, relaxed and with less stress, and spend an extra day and night exploring these amazing cities. 1-Night Onboard Early Arrival Package—$150 per person This package includes Onboard Accommodations with dinner and breakfast onboard the ship. Available in Chicago, IL; Montreal, QC; New York, NY; Deluth, MN. Rate is per person and double occupancy. Airport to ship transfer is available at an additional cost. Reservations are required and must be paid for in advance. Crew gratuities not included.
- Single-sitting meals with an open seating policy allows you the freedom to meet many traveling companions. With a maximum of 96 passengers aboard, you can meet and dine with nearly everyone over the course of your trip. Our chef-prepared meals are delicious, healthy, and often reflective of the region in which you are traveling. Beverages and snacks are available around the clock. With a little advance notice, dietary restrictions can be easily accommodated.
- Onboard Activities
- The ships are perfect for those who enjoy conversations, reading, card playing, and occasional entertainment by talented guests and crew (there is a piano aboard both ships). The ships have three common areas: the lounge; dining room; and outside top deck that all offer options for socializing and enjoying activities while onboard. The Cruise Directors offer a variety of activities for guest participation.
- Special Features
- The patented bow ramps allow passengers to disembark without the need for docks or jetties. Shallow drafts let the ships sail through shallow waterways, while retractable pilot houses are ideal for sailing under low bridges and locks. Each ship also features a stern swimming platform and two launches (one of them with a glass bottom), which can be boarded from the stern. All cabins feature fresh air ventilation systems, which continuously feed in fresh air and remove "used" air.
- Cruise accommodation as booked.
- Onboard meals prepared using the finest and freshest ingredients, often including regional specialties.
- Captain's Welcome and Farewell Dinners, including an open bar cocktail hour and complimentary wine with dinner.
- 24-hour complimentary snacks, coffee, tea, juices, mixers and soft drinks onboard.
- Onboard enrichment programs, including lectures and workshops.
- Complimentary beer and wine included with all lunches and dinners aboard ship.
- Not Included in Fare
- Transportation is not provided between airport locations and vessel. Also not included are tour protection insurance, optional tours, and gratuities which are at passenger's discretion.
- Guests are invited to "Bring Your Own Bottle" (BYOB), just like one does on a private yacht. This unique alcohol policy gives you the freedom to enjoy your preferred beverages without a costly tab at the trip's end. Mixers, snacks, barware, refrigeration and bottle storage space are provided around the clock.
- Stair Lifts
- Stair lifts are available between the Main, Sun and Top decks on all ships for your convenience.
- Our ships offer four categories of classic small ship cruising cabins. Each features private facilities and individually controlled air conditioning systems, which continuously feed in fresh air. Smoking is restricted to outside decks so all cabins are smokefree. Our Grande Class vessels have been recently refurbished with new décor in cabins, lounges, dining rooms and upgraded washroom and shower facilities.
- Single Occupancy
- Exclusive Single Occupancy is 175% of a single fare in certain cabin classifications. Cabins available for Exclusive Single Occupancy are as follows: Grande Caribe in 20s cabin classification as well as cabins 10A and 10B; Grande Mariner in 20s cabin classification as well as 10A, 10B, 30A, and 30B.
- Minimum age of children accompanied by an adult passenger is 14 years.
- Early Arrivals
- On some cruises we offer pre- and post-cruise packages that bundle your accommodations and sightseeing for a great value. On other select cruises, you can board the ship one day prior to sailing for $150 per person. Some meals are included. Prior reservations are required and must be paid for in advance.
- Deposit and Payment
- A deposit of $500 per person is required within 7 days of reservation, to secure your cabin. Final payment is due 90 days prior to departure. Personal checks, VISA and MasterCard are accepted.
- Travel Insurance
- We strongly recommend the purchase of trip cancellation insurance, which is available for coverage of expenses in conjunction with cancellation due to illness or accident. Baggage insurance is also recommended. In the event that you must cancel your participation in a travel program, trip cancellation insurance may be the only source of reimbursement.
Cancellations of confirmed reservations must be made in writing and received by Great Lakes Cruise Company, and are subject to a $250 per person administrative fee, in addition to the following terms:
Cancellation received prior to departure Cancellation fee per person, based on total per person fare 60 days or more $250 per person 59-45 days 25% of fare 44-30 days 50% of fare 29 days or less 100% of fare