Last Updated: May 23, 2018
Other third parties that access your information include but are not limited to airlines, hotels, car rental agencies, and tour operators. Conlin Travel, Inc cannot guarantee the privacy of information you provide to those sites. Conlin Travel employees who have access to customer information have signed confidentiality agreements for data made available to them during their course of employment at Conlin Travel, Inc.
Transparency Notice – Personal Information We Collect and How We Use It
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve our Services, to administer your use of the Services (including your Travel Profile), provide support for our Services and to enable you to easily navigate our Services. The types of Personal Information we may collect (directly from you or from Third-Party sources) and our privacy practices depend on the nature of the relationship you have with Conlin Travel, Inc and the requirements of applicable law. Some of the ways that Conlin Travel, Inc may collect Personal Information include:
- You may provide Personal Information directly to Conlin Travel, Inc through interacting with the Services, making travel reservations through online and mobile booking tools licensed from a third party, speaking directly with a travel agent, through email, event registration and profile creation.
- Your requests for support or information on Services, participation in surveys, and during events such as sweepstakes.
- As you navigate the Services, certain passive information may also be collected about your visit, including through cookies and similar technologies as described below.
We collect only information relevant for the purposes of completing reservations, fulfillment of requested Services and providing support. Below are the ways we collect Personal Information and how we use it.
Types of Personal Information We Collect
Conlin Travel collects Personal Information regarding current and prospective clients, customers, users, visitors and guests. (collectively “Individuals”).
Information You Provide Directly to Us. When you use the Services or engage in certain activities, such as creating a profile to secure travel reservations, registering for an event, responding to surveys, requesting Services or information, we may ask you to provide some or all of the following types of information:
- Creating a Travel Profile. Before a traveler takes their first trip we will request specific personal information to insure a high service level for each trip. This personal information may include but is not limited to home phone numbers, credit card numbers, passport and visa information, birth dates, frequent flyer information, hotel and car id numbers, office address and phone numbers. In addition, we ask for email addresses to facilitate delivery of travel information including invoices, trip itineraries and trip specific updates.
- Communications with Us. We may collect Personal Information from you such as email address and phone number when you choose to request information about our Services, create a profile, request to receive customer or technical support, or otherwise communicate with us.
- Surveys. From time to time, we may contact you to participate in surveys. If you decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information which may include Personal Information. All information collected from your participation in our surveys is provided by you voluntarily. We may use such information to improve our products, Sites and/or Services and in any manner consistent with the policies provided herein.
- Registration for Sweepstakes or Contests. Occasionally, Conlin Travel, Inc may run sweepstakes and contests. We ask those who enter in the sweepstakes or contests to provide contact information (e.g., an e-mail address). If you participate in a sweepstakes or contest, your contact information may be used to reach you about the sweepstakes or contest and business purposes. All sweepstakes/contests entry forms will provide a way for participants to opt-out of any communications that are not related to awarding prizes.
- Automatic Data Collection. Our servers automatically record certain information about how Individuals use our Services (we refer to this information as “Event Data”). Event Data may include information such as an Individual’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, cookie identifiers, MAC address, IMEI, and other device identifiers that are automatically assigned to your computer or device when you access the Internet, operating system, browser type and language, hardware type, the web page that a User was visiting before accessing our Services, the pages or features of our Services to which a User browsed and the time spent on those pages or features, search terms, the links on our Services that a User clicked on and other statistics. We use Event Data to administer the Services and we analyze (and may engage third parties to analyze) Event Data to improve, customize and enhance our Services. We may use a person’s IP address to generate aggregate, non-identifying information about how our Services are used.
- Location Information. We may collect and store information about your location by converting your IP address into a rough geo-location. If you do not want us to collect location information, you may disable that feature on your mobile device.
How Conlin Travel, Inc Uses Your Information
We acquire, hold, use, and Process Personal Information about Individuals for a variety of business purposes, including:
To Provide Products, Services, or Information Requested. Conlin Travel may use information about you to fulfill requests for Services, provide information, and technical support, including to:
- Generally manage Individual information and Profiles;
- Respond to questions, comments, and other requests;
- Provide access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of Services;
- Contact you to answer requests for customer support or technical support;
- Allow you to complete surveys.
Administrative Purposes. Conlin Travel, Inc may use Personal Information about you for its administrative purposes, including to:
- Provide overall metrics about our Services;
- Ensure internal quality control;
- Verify Individual identity;
- Communicate about Individual Activity as requested in reporting Services;
- Send email to the email address you provide to us to verify your Profile and for operational purposes, such as Profile management, customer service, or system maintenance;
- Process payment for products or services purchased;
- Process transactions;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- Enforce our Terms.
Marketing. Conlin Travel, Inc Products and Services. Conlin Travel, Inc may use Personal Information to provide you with materials through our Customer Relationship Management tools about industry information, industry announcements, Conlin Travel, Inc announcements, products, and Services that may be of interest. Conlin Travel, Inc may provide you with these materials by phone, postal mail, facsimile, or email, as permitted by applicable law.
Research and Development. We may share aggregated information and non-identifying information with third parties for industry research and analysis, demographic profiling and other similar purposes.
Cookies, Pixel Tags/Web Beacons and Analytics Information
- Cookies. Cookies are small text files placed in visitors’ computer browsers to store their preferences. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. However, if you do that, the Site may not work properly.
- Pixel Tags/Web Beacons. A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded on the Site that collects information about users’ engagement on that web page. The use of a pixel allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular link.
- Analytics. We use Google Analytics, a service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”), to gather information about how users engage with our Services. For more information about Google Analytics, visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google’s collection and processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Our uses of such Technologies fall into the following general categories:
If you would like to opt out of the Technologies we employ on our sites, services, applications, or tools, you may do so by blocking, deleting, or disabling them as your browser or device permits.
Third-party websites, Social Media platforms, and Software Development Kits
The Site may contain links to other websites and other websites may reference or link to our Site or other Services. These other domains and websites are not controlled by us, and Conlin Travel, Inc does not endorse or make any representations about Third-Party websites or social media platforms. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each and every website and application with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Visiting these other websites or applications is at your own risk.
Third-Party Payment Processing
When you make purchases through the Services, we process your payments through a Third-Party application. The Third-Party application may collect certain financial information from you to process a payment on behalf of Conlin Travel, Inc, including your name, email address, address and other billing information.
Onward Transfer – Conlin Travel, Inc May Disclose Your Information
Information We Share
- Information Shared with Our Services Providers. We may engage third-party services providers to work with us to administer and provide the Services. Some of examples of these third-party’s services are online booking tools, payment processing, registrations and surveys. These third-party services providers have access to your Personal Information only for the purpose of performing services on our behalf and are expressly obligated not to disclose or use your Personal Information for any other purpose. Conlin Travel, Inc has executed appropriate contracts with the service providers that prohibit them from using or sharing Personal Information except as necessary to perform the contracted services on our behalf or to comply with applicable legal requirements.
- Business Partners. Conlin Travel, Inc may share Personal Information with our business partners, and affiliates for our and our affiliates’ internal business purposes or to provide you with a product or service that you have requested. Conlin Travel, Inc requires our affiliates and business partners to agree to maintain the confidentiality and security of Personal Information they maintain on our behalf and not to use it for any purpose other than the purpose for which Conlin Travel, Inc provided them.
- Disclosures to Protect Us or Others (e.g., as Required by Law and Similar Disclosures). We may access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Information, other Account information, and content if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (i) comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (ii) respond to your requests; (iii) protect yours’, ours’ or others’ rights, property, or safety; (iv) to enforce Conlin Travel, Inc policies or contracts; (v) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (vi) if we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable.
In addition, from time to time, server logs may be reviewed for security purposes – e.g., to detect unauthorized activity on the Services. In such cases, server log data containing IP addresses may be shared with law enforcement bodies in order that they may identify users in connection with their investigation of the unauthorized activities.
All Personal Information collected via or by Conlin Travel, Inc may be stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to, the United States, the European Union, in the cloud, on our servers, and on the servers of our service providers. Your Personal Information may be accessible to law enforcement or other authorities pursuant to a lawful request. By providing information to Conlin Travel, Inc you consent to the storage of your Personal Information in these locations.
Opt-Out (RIGHT TO RESTRICT PROCESSING)
We offer you choices regarding the collection, use and sharing of your Personal Information, and we’ll respect the choices you make. Please note that if you decide not to provide us with the Personal Information that we request, we may not be able to fulfill Services. You have the right to opt out of certain uses and disclosures of your Personal Information. Where you have consented to Conlin Travel, Inc Processing of your Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information, you may withdraw that consent at any time and opt out of further Processing by contacting email@example.com. Even if you opt out, we may still collect and use non-Personal Information regarding your activities on our Sites and/or information from the advertisements on Third-Party websites for non-interest based purposes.
Email and Telephone Communications
We maintain telephone “do-not-call” and “do-not-mail” lists as mandated by law. We process requests to be placed on do-not-mail, do-not-phone and do-not-contact lists within 60 days after receipt, or such shorter time as may be required by law.
Rights of Access, Rectification, Erasure, and Restriction
Security of Your Information
We take reasonable administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect the information that we collect from or about you (including your PII) from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. When you enter sensitive information on our forms, we encrypt this data using SSL or other technologies. Please be aware, however, that no method of transmitting information over the Internet or storing information is completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of any information.
By using the Site or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Site. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Site or sending an e-mail to you. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing.
If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that you are agreeing to the transfer of your information to the United States and to Processing of your data globally. By providing your Personal Information, you consent to any transfer and Processing in accordance with this Policy.
Redress/Compliance and Accountability
Other Rights and Important Information
- New Uses of Personal Information. Additionally, before we use Personal Information for any new purpose not originally authorized by you, we will endeavor to provide information regarding the new purpose and give you the opportunity to opt out. Where consent of the Individual for the Processing of Personal Information is otherwise required by law or contract, Conlin Travel, Inc will endeavor to comply with the law or contract.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
By using this website (the “website”) you acknowledge that you have read the terms and conditions of use and you agree to the terms and conditions thereof. YOU AGREE TO READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE WEBSITE. If you do not agree to these terms, you may not access or otherwise use the website.
The website is owned and operated by Conlin Travel. All information, including, without limitation text, graphics, software and all HTML, CGI and other codes and scripts in any format used to implement the website (“Content”) are the property of Conlin Travel or its licensors. The Content on the website is for personal use only. You may not copy, modify, upload, download, transmit, (re)publish, or otherwise distribute any Content from the website except as expressly permitted by these terms and conditions. Doing so will violate Conlin Travel’s copyright, trademark and other proprietary rights.
All Content on the website is protected by United States Copyright Law, Trademark Law and applicable international treaties and conventions governing intellectual property law. Any and all Conlin Travel trademarks and trade names which Conlin Travel uses in connection with the website shall remain the exclusive property of Conlin Travel. Nothing contained in the terms and conditions shall be deemed to give you any rights in or to any trademarks of Conlin Travel.
THE ACCURACY AND RELIABILITY OF THE CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE IS NOT GUARANTEED. THE CONTENT FROM OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED ARE DISCLAIMED INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CONLIN TRAVEL ASSUMES NO LIABILITY FOR ANY ERRORS, BUGS, VIRUSES, OMISSIONS OR OTHER PROBLEMS WITH THE CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, CONLIN TRAVEL MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION AND FUNCTIONS MADE ACCESSIBLE BY THE SOFTWARE USED OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE WEBSITE, FOR ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OR HYPERTEXT LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY SITES OR FOR ANY BREACH OF SECURITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE TRANSMISSION OF SENSITIVE INFORMATION THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR ANY FURTHER LINKED SITE.
IN NO EVENT IS CONLIN TRAVEL LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT ARE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE SERVICES ON THE WEBSITE, EVEN IF CONLIN TRAVEL HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION AND EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Conlin Travel agrees to adhere to all applicable Unites States federal and state laws and industry practices relating to the collection and use of personal information from website visitors.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Michigan, without regard to conflict of laws provisions. You and Conlin Travel agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction over all disputes hereunder and venue in an appropriate state or federal court located in the State of Michigan. Some Content on the website is subject to United States Export Controls. No Content from the website may be downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported (1) into (or to a national or resident) of Iran, Iraq, Syria, North Korea, Libya, Angola, Myanmar (Burma), Sudan, or any other country that the United States has embargoed goods or (2) to anyone on the United States Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the Department of Commerce’s Table of Deny Orders. By downloading the Content from the website, you represent and warrant that you are not located in or a national or resident of any such country.
Conlin Travel reserves the right to change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the website at any time, including the availability of any of the website features, database, or Content, and will provide reasonable notice of such changes on the website. Conlin Travel may also impose limits on features or restrict access to parts of the website.
Conlin Travel may terminate user access or suspend any User’s access to all or part of the website without notice for any conduct that Conlin Travel, in its sole discretion, believes violates any applicable law or is harmful to Conlin Travel.
This agreement represents the entire understanding between you and Conlin Travel.
© Copyright Conlin Travel – All Rights Reserved.
This website has been prepared for use by Conlin Travel personnel, customers and prospective customers. The information contained on this website is protected by copyright. The documents on this website may NOT be reproduced, translated, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronically or mechanically, without permission duly requested from and provided by Conlin Travel, and a guarantee that ALL copyrights and trademarks shall be duly noted in any copy or partial copy created. Violations of this Notice shall be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, and violators thereof shall be held legally responsible for all damages resulting from said violation.
Conlin Travel shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained on this website or in any reproduced, translated, or transmitted copies or for incidental or consequential damages resulting from the furnishing, performance, or use of this material.
Conlin Travel reserves the right to revise documents on this website and/or change product features or specifications without advance notice.
This product and the files contained herein are provided “as is” and without warranty of any kind, express or implied. Conlin Travel disclaims all warranties with respect to the use of the files including without limitation any warranties as to non-infringement, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose.
MAPS AND PHOTOS
Maps shown on cruise pages are current at the time of printing and may not reflect actual cruise routing should the cruise change. Photos shown on tour pages are reflective of the area(s) visited, but may not be seen during the actual itinerary.
- The Name “Great Lakes Cruise Company” and the Great Lakes Cruise Company logo are trademarks of Great Lakes Cruise Company, a division of Conlin Travel
- The Conlin Travel logo is a trademark of Conlin Travel
- The Name “Conlin Travel” is a trademark of Conlin Travel
- All other trademarks, mentioned or not mentioned, intentionally or unintentionally, are the property of their respective owners.
Conlin Travel makes no implied association with the owners of sites that are linked to and/or mentioned herein and that lead away from and out of this website. At no time is any ownership of or affiliation with, in part or in full, taken or assumed of any company or individual linked to or referenced in or on this site. Any website or internet location arrived at from this site is assumed to be the property and/or creation of the owner(s) of the copyright of that site, and not of Conlin Travel. Conlin Travel shall not be held liable for any association implied and/or misconstrued with any company or individual linked to or referenced within this site.